RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » Chicago Tour

Author Topic: Chicago Tour
TrainsBoston
Member # 61

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for TrainsBoston     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am traveling from Boston to San Francisco next month on the Lake Shore Ltd. and California Zephyr. I have arranged a two day layover in Chicago for sightseeing. Are there any tours available at Union Station in Chicago of the passenger car operations? I have been to Union Station many times and have found the scale of operations there fascinating. I just finished the book Zephyr by Henry Kisor that gave great insight to the preparation of the Zephyr before it's departure. If any readers have information about such a tour it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Posts: 1 | From: Boston, MA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure what you mean by the passenger car operations. Maybe you're thinking of Detroit?There are several tours available in Chicago, Gray Line has quite a few. Make sure & visit the Science & Industry Museum. Taking a guided tour the first day & then going back to visit places you like would be a good plan too. Yours Reggie
Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattAtTrainWebDotCom
Member # 14

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattAtTrainWebDotCom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reggie, you oughta know which kind of passenger car he's talking about! (Hint: It's not the kind you and I own, but the one we could only dream of owning) ;-)

------------------
-Matthew J. Melzer
matt@trainweb.com

Posts: 31 | From: Fullerton, CA, United States of America | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see said the blind man. DUH!! I must have had a brain fart or something like that. Yours Reggie

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page