RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Travel » City of New Orleans

Author Topic: City of New Orleans
joelamp
Member # 64

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for joelamp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be taking the train Chicago/NO/Chicago next month to a convention and would like to find out if the train is usually on time (or within an hour or two). If typically late, how late? Thanks! Joe
Posts: 2 | From: McHenry, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MattAtTrainWebDotCom
Member # 14

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MattAtTrainWebDotCom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I seldom ever hear uproar about this train's on-time performance like I do about other trains such as the Sunset Limited or California Zephyr, I can only assume that the City has good performance. Also, it operates over CN (formerly IC) territory, a railroad which tends to not run Amtrak trains habitually late.

------------------
-Matthew J. Melzer
matt@trainweb.com

Posts: 31 | From: Fullerton, CA, United States of America | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Haskell
Member # 59

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Richard Haskell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One hint about train travel. DO NOT rely on an on time arrival. The old IC down the Mississippi is reliable, but ---- happens!
Posts: 6 | From: ALAMOGORDO, NEW MEXICO | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joelamp
Member # 64

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for joelamp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I know better than to expect on-time arrivals or schedule tight connections, etc.. I've taken the Amtrak trains several times and love the pace of travel and scenery. And the lack of airport hubbub, etc. Just curious about this route, that's all.

Joe

Posts: 2 | From: McHenry, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to like travel on the City of New orleans a lot more when they were running single level cars with the dome. Due to the variety of country you pass through you meet a varied cross-section of America on this train. I have enjoyed every trip I have taken on this train. Reggie
Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page