RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Texas Eagle Consists?

Author Topic: Texas Eagle Consists?
fanofic
Member # 3018

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fanofic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any way to find out what cars were on the Texas Eagle on a particular day? I rode train 22 from Austin to Chicago on 6/8/03 and would like to model the train as it was on that day. My pictures of the train as it arrived at Austin show 8 Superliner cars following the baggage and 2 P42's. I believe the 1st 7 superliners were: Transition sleeper, sleeper, diner, lounge, then 3 coaches. I don't know if the final (8th superliner) car was another coach or a sleeper. I cannot tell from my pictures and I did not go back that far on the train while onboard. Is this information available anywhere? thx.

[This message has been edited by fanofic (edited 01-25-2004).]

Posts: 3 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would say it was a sleeper on the end.

The last 2 cars are usually a sleeper and coach, because they are taken off the Eagle in San Antonio and put on the Sunset Limited.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Chief
Member # 2172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Chief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree w/Uncle Buck.
About four days a week I see the EB Eagle arrive in Union Station in Dallas and it always has a Sleeper bringing up the rear. Today it was No. 32115, a Superliner II (Washington) which was nice, as usually they are Superliner Is.

------------------
_________Thë Çhîeƒ
_|_|_|_|_

Posts: 190 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fanofic
Member # 3018

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for fanofic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks "UncleBuck44" and "The Chief". You are probably right. Back on 6/8/03, it seems the Texas Eagle was running 3 sleepers: both a transition sleeper (for crew) and a regular sleeper up front before the diner, and a regular sleeper at the end. When I rode in July and November, it seems that Amtrak dropped the lead regular sleeper and began selling space in the rear of the transition sleeper. A sleeper will be at the end of my Texas Eagle model. Thanks.
Posts: 3 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back on 6/8/03

-------------------------

Ah my Birthday.
Glad to help Fanofic, I at least know something about this train compared to the Starlight or Empire Builder.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Chief
Member # 2172

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Chief     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uncle Buck, 8 June, your birthday??

Get me Washington!

------------------
_________Thë Çhîeƒ
_|_|_|_|_

Posts: 190 | From: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page