RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Modified 'Silver Star' Schedule?

Author Topic: Modified 'Silver Star' Schedule?
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know where a timetable showing the 'modified' Silver Star schedule effective during CSX trackwork April 25-June 23 might be located?

I've been able to get an idea of the times at a few stations which are of particular interest to me by testing a few entries on the Amtrak website BUT the website shows only the 'normal' Silver Service timetables, not the 'modified' schedule.

Thanks,

------------------
David Pressley

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. "NotElvis" Pressley--

I reviewed the website yesterday and I noted that they do not show the "Silver 8791" open for sale. I plugged in a WAS to ORL on May 15 itinerary and the only routing returned was WAS-19-NOL-2-ORL.

I don't think at present they they know what they are going to do.

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 04-06-2004).]

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
notelvis
Member # 3071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for notelvis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gilbert,

Interesting that they will sell you a ticket via New Orleans!

I agree with you that they don't seem to be sure of what they're going to do yet. I'm guessing now that they are not selling any tickets to Florida (except maybe on the Palmetto) until they work it out.

I had tried some 'sample' trips (dates ranging from April 28 to June 15) on the Amtrak website this past weekend......things like Rocky Mount-Hamlet or Southern Pines-Columbia......stuff like that.

At that time they were showing 'service sold out' but had arrival/departure times for 91 and 92 that appeared to be apx. 3 hours earlier southbound and 90 minutes earlier northbound.

Posts: 4203 | From: Western North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SilverStar092
Member # 2652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SilverStar092     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Amtrak website does show the modified times when you check city pairs. They went in late last week. It shows "service sold out" because they are reaccommodating people who were booked on # 97 and 98 and want to give priority to those passengers. During the period of the change, 91 & 92 will carry a baggage car, crew dorm, 4 sleepers, 2 diners, a lounge car and 6 coaches according to an internal Amtrak advisory. The train will run on 91 & 92's regular route via Raleigh, the "S" line. The Palmetto and AutoTrain will continue on the "A" line via Florence.
Posts: 561 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jp1822
Member # 2596

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jp1822     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would have been nice to spare at least one Viewliner for the Palmetto during this time - instead of putting them all on the Silver Star.
Posts: 337 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page