RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Family Trip

Author Topic: Family Trip
SusieG
Member # 1169

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for SusieG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kids want to go on a trip, (one adult two teens and a five year old) over New Years. Is this something feasible by train? Are there places I can find out about train travel vacations? They are hoping to avoid air travel...I don't really know if that is possible...It doesn't much matter to me....I would like them to experience some of the country side and enjoy a different type of travel experience. Is this the forum for that, and if not...where would I find information on that! Thanks for your help. Susie
Posts: 1 | From: Cleveland, Ohio USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff_S
Member # 1142

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff_S   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try looking at Http://www.amtrak.com
If you have an Amtrak station near you try to get a copy of the Amtrak Travel Planner (you can also order by mail it online at the above website.

Geoff

Posts: 10 | From: London U.K. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susie G,
It sure is possible, but not too convenient for your area: Cleveland is served by both the Lake Shore Limited and Capitol Limited, buth both eastbound and westbound trains travel through there between 2am and 5am each day.
M Palmer

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page