RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » SLO Saturday Morning (Bye-Bye SSW #9708)

Author Topic: SLO Saturday Morning (Bye-Bye SSW #9708)
fubu05
Member # 465

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for fubu05   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today, as I walked from the Shelter (Orcutt Rd.) to Downtown SLO
(City Hall), I chose to use a different route than usual. I used the
SLO Railroad Bikepath that runs alongside the wsternmost boundary of
Sinsheimer Park. I saw the answer to Dan Ainsworth's question "What
is the Power for this empty stack train?". The astounding answer,
there was no power attached to the train. As I got to the eastern
confluence of the Jennifer St. Bridge (that crosses the tracks south
of the station area). I noticed as I looked north, that SSW
#9708 "has Departed the Building" and the helper set is once again
back to the usual "All-Yellow" School Bus Consist. (Three Union
Pacific Locomotives). The units were spotted at the northern
confluence of the yard tracks and the San Simeon Block in SLO, which
was too far to see from the vantage point that I had. Whence
decending from the Bridge, the operator of Ambus #6234 (SLO Section
of trains #534/734 at San Jose) honked at me as I was passing in
front of the Union Pacific Police Substation Bldg. SSW 9708 did a
fine job while she was out here. We will miss her in San Luis Obispo.

Peter in SLO

------------------
Peter Van Warnerski

Posts: 60 | From: Tampa, Florida | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yawn
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cajon, If the post was that boring to you, why did you bother to respond?
Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not just boring but just plain junk. He did same post 2xs on this board, 2xs on trainboard & once on Altamont Press. Deleted from latter board already. He's supposedly got his own web site. Why casn't he just direct us there instead of wasting space EVERYWHERE!!!!
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice to be civil on the board.
I do not see any relevance to Amtrak in the original post & we should keep to the topic.
Reggie

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes ReggieRail, I have to agree with you. I was wrong in submitting that reply to Cajun's response. I think that we should keep to the topic as much as possible. I really do not think that bickering and nit picking have a place on this board.

Let's all keep this Board interesting for the Readers by keeping focused on the Topic at hand when writing a post. Enuf said now.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page