RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » ClubAcela Public Access Computer Terminals Down

Author Topic: ClubAcela Public Access Computer Terminals Down
Explore
Member # 1574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Explore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At PHL on December 4, I saw that the ClubAcela public computer terminals were down. Printed notices had been placed across the screens stating that Amtrak is looking for a new Internet Service Provider. The attendant says this is because Amtrak wants the ability to block undesired sites, and their existing ISP can't oblige.

I assume the terminals in WAS, NYP and BOS may also be out of order. I appreciate the ability to use these facilities rather than having to carry a laptop. But I have noticed abuse at BOS from railroad employees. Whether or not they are visiting unapproved sites, they have been seen to hog the single working terminal for up to 30 minutes, sometimes yapping with other employees at the same time. Since this occurred around 8:30 am, I assume they may also be extending their approved breaks by perhaps 15 minutes?

Posts: 3 | From: East Bay, CA, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHATTER
Member # 1185

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for CHATTER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The terminals in New York were shut down over Thanksgiving weekend.
Posts: 255 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Likely someone picked the wrong time to ring up "Blaize Star and/or Friends'.

The 'Christian Coalition' found out; so did 60 Mass.

TILT Game Over.

[This message has been edited by Gilbert B Norman (edited 12-10-2004).]

Posts: 9979 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page