RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » San Diego to Solvang

Author Topic: San Diego to Solvang
beach walker
Member # 3712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach walker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have never taken the train before.

Anyone ever do this route? How/where do youcatch the bus in Santa Barbara (the schedule says you only have like 4 minutes)?

Regarding accommodations in Solvang - any little motel types that isn't $125 per night?

One more thing, looking to go Presidents weekend (2/19), heard rumor the tracks were broken?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The busses board directly behind the station in Santa Barbara. It should be an easy connection.

The Surfliners should begin running as far as Santa Barbara on February 8th. Service north, including the SLO Surfliners and the Starlight will resume on February 28th.

I don't have any suggestions on motels in Solvang. They all tend to be pretty pricey, especially on weekends.

If you are taking the Surfliner on a Holiday weekend I'd suggest springing for Business Class. They are very crowded and you might not, depending on where you board, get a seat. Business Class guarantees you a reserved seat.

Frank in SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And don't worry about missing the bus. If the train is late it will wait.
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beach walker
Member # 3712

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for beach walker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I've never traveled by train before so this is an exciting adventure.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page