RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » My train no longer shows on the website for my ticket dates???

Author Topic: My train no longer shows on the website for my ticket dates???
goldcupmom
Member # 3761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goldcupmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm very confused and a bit concerned. Being the trip overplanner that I am, I check the Amtrak site almost daily to see if my tickets for June/july ABQ - CHI- DC - Orlando and back, have gone up or down.

I checked on Wed and all was the same. When I checked on Friday, it says there is NO SERVICE from Orlando - DC on 7/7 at the 7:43 time the Silver is scheduled to leave. Does anyone have a clue what could be up? I called and was told it is there, but it isn't.

I'm a bit paranoid and last June DD and I were to take the Sunset from El Paso to Orlando - called around noon on day of departure after DH had dumped us in El Paso and returned to ABQ and was told it would leave at 10:30 p.m. not at 3 pm as scheduled and that we would be BUSSED all the way to Orlando, taking an extra day. They weren't going to notify anyone, I just happened to call. I do not reserve a Deluxe and then travel Bus for 3 days.

Needless to say, we flew and it was a nightmare on the return trip as well.

TIA for any thoughts on the disappearing train.

Julie

Posts: 30 | From: Rio Rancho NM | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vicki
Member # 3410

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Vicki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked and it's showing up now. [Wink]
Posts: 149 | From: Joliet, IL USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldcupmom
Member # 3761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for goldcupmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went to the site(amtrak.com) again - TWICE - and I still get the message that it is not available on 7/7 - it only shows a train on the 10th goint to New Orleans. I tried using 7 pm and 8 pm as it leaves at 7:43 and still nothing.

UGGGHHHHH!!!!

Posts: 30 | From: Rio Rancho NM | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked (Sunday morning) and it's there. Try again.

Frank in Sunny SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
goldcupmom
Member # 3761

Rate Member
I just don't get it - I still am getting this message - "Problem With Your Selected Itinerary: Sorry, the train(s) you selected are not available on the date(s) you requested. We have suggested an alternate itinerary with one or more different dates. If you wish to travel on your selected date(s), please use the Fare Finder tool to select alternate trains and resubmit. "

I'm putting in ABQ - Orlando - round trip leaving ABQ on 6/25 1 p.m. leaving Orlando on 7/7 7 p.m.

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sbalax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just did ORL-WAS on 7/7 and it shows the Silver Star operating with seats available.

When I put in ABQ/ORL/ABQ leaving on 6/25 and returning on 7/7 it routed the trip ABQ/CHI/WAS/ORL and ORL/NOL/CHI/ABQ. M

Maybe it's time to call 1-800-USARAIL and to speak to an agent. Have your record locator # handy so they can find your original reservation in the system. I've had better luck calling on weekdays during the day than on weekends or during the evening.

Hope this helps.

Frank in soon to be wet (again) SBA

Posts: 2160 | From: Santa Barbara, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
I just tried Silver Star to Capitol Limited to Southwest Chief leaving ORL on 7/7, WAS on 7/8 and CHI on 7/9 and all the trains individually show as operating. I notice that the Star is scheduled in to WAS at 2:45PM and the Cap leaves at 3:55PM. Do you really want that close of a connect?

Frank in SBA

sbalax
Member # 2801

Member Rated:
I also just tried booking this trip as a "Multi-stop" trip and those trains are available. (Hey, old retired guys have lots of time on their hands!)

Are you checking this weekend on the computer you used to make the reservation and that you usually use? If you are on a Mac, the "new, improved" Amtrak site is not compatible with any version of Microsoft Explorer for Mac. It is compatible with Safari but you have to be running System 10 to have that. Just a thought. There was a window before I got a new Mac where I had to use a friend's computer to make reservations.

As I said, it might be time to call 1-800-USARAIL

Frank in SBA

Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For off-Corridor points, do not specify a train time and will be shown all trains over that selected route.

GBN - from an overcast Akron OH (a Holiday Inn's Business Center) after driving through pouring rain starting in New York and ending about 2/3rds of the way through PA

Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pojon
Member # 3080

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Pojon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who says that computer systems ALWAYS work right!!??
Posts: 287 | From: Palatka, FL, USA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page