RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Is anyone home at Trainweb?

Author Topic: Is anyone home at Trainweb?
jgart56
Member # 3968

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jgart56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone on this forum attempted to contact the Webmaster at trainweb and ever received an answer??

I have asked 3 times for information on how to remove myself (and my information) from the Railroad Forum. To date: no consideration from them.....NO answer.

I begin to get the feeling that there really is no Moderator or Webmaster. It's all being run by the Matrix!!

Posts: 171 | From: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you email Trainweb, Steve will respond.

This forum is NOT moderated, but the board rarely has major issues needing attention by a moderator.

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jgart56
Member # 3968

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jgart56     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have e-mailed Trainweb, 3 times in the last month!!

Still NO response.

Posts: 171 | From: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irish1
Member # 222

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for irish1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why are you leaving? just curious

--------------------
The Copper Country Limited [Milwaukee Road-Soo Line] and the Peninsula 400 [CNW} still my favorites

Posts: 175 | From: FENCE WI USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More spicifically, why not just LEAVE?

I never understood people who insist on being "unregistered".

What's the point?

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jgart, I am sorry they have not emailed you back, I have never had that problem myself.

Perhaps you could try calling them: 714-209-7223

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jgart56
Member # 3968

Member Rated:
Why Room Service?

Because I don't like my information just hanging out there. And my real question, just in case you missed it: who is running trainweb or does it just run itself? And why don't they respond to a forum member? According to the Trainweb "About Us" section the last time Trainweb was updated by Steve Grande was in January, 5 long months ago.

What if a major problem comes up? Will they respond to queries or perhaps look at it next January?

zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A forum without adult supervision? Why, it's just shameful. Totally unacceptable. It's a dire crisis.

Without strict moderation, forum members will not remain carbon neutral for long. Countless studies have proved forums, in an uncontrolled environment, will produce more carbon compounds (usually methane gases) then they absorb. It's the natural way of things. Sad, but true.

Maybe it's time for the government to take control. Then, and only then, can we be assured of prompt and courteous responses to our questions and concerns. And if a forum member wants to take their ball and go home, they won't have to deal with a private sector bully who won't give 'em the ball. And with the Federal privacy laws, they won't have to explain their departure. The Leslie Gore position ("it's my party, and I'll cry if I want to" lyrics) will be just fine, thank you.

Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JONATHON
Member # 2899

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JONATHON   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! zephyr
Posts: 989 | From: DIAMOND BAR CA. U.S. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zephyr
Member # 1651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zephyr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Jonathon, remember the good old days (brief as they turned out to be) when we did have an active forum moderator? Ah, the memories.
Posts: 445 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jgart56
Member # 3968

Member Rated:
Thanks for the sarcasm Zephyr,

It's one of the reasons I'm leaving this forum.

Ask a simple question (why lack of response?) and you get garbage from people!!

Last Post! Goodbye!

Room Service
Member # 2405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Room Service     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bye. I didn't even know you were a Librarian in Aurora, Illinois until you started to whine about being unregistered. What else do we need to know?

-

Posts: 218 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rrrayinmd
Member # 4148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rrrayinmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Into everyone's life, a little rain must fall!

Here we are, a group of 'mercans, in an open forum, aged from young teen to older than young teen, fully capable of carrying on cogent, fluid, funny, sarcastic, sometimes caustic, but ALWAYS respectful and professional conversation and someone doesn't like it. Sounds like a fledgling ACLUer!!

Posts: 34 | From: Carroll County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rY.
Member # 3528

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rY.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the ACLU would say that, while he has a right to tell us all he's leaving, we all have a right to giggle at the expectation that someone is supposed to clean up after him.
Posts: 108 | From: Culver City, CA, US | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rrrayinmd
Member # 4148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rrrayinmd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I suppose you are correct.... [Razz]
Posts: 34 | From: Carroll County, MD | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page