RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Chicago Union Station

Author Topic: Chicago Union Station
aircrest
Member # 1309

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aircrest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be taking a trip SEA - WAS - LAX - SEA early December. Can a bag of ice be purchased at or near the Chicago Station. On my last trip it was not always easy to get ice for my cooler
Posts: 4 | From: Port Angeles, Wa. | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You didn't say exactly why you need ice for your cooler, but if it's a health-related issue, I believe the OBS people will be able to take care of you. Now if it's just to keep your tuna salad sandwiches cold, that's another story.

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aircrest
Member # 1309

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aircrest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For diet pepsi and beer. Kind of hard to pass it off as a prescription.
Posts: 4 | From: Port Angeles, Wa. | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mpaulshore
Member # 3785

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mpaulshore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's silly of me to pose a question that you've probably debated and resolved in your own mind, but is it really worth it to stow a large cooler full of Diet Pepsi, beer, and ice in a coach or sleeping car, carry it with all your other luggage from one train to the next, and look for ice every day or two, just to save on the cost of buying beverages on board?
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Aircrest, if you plan to carry beer with you, then you must be planning to ride Sleeper, as such is not permitted in Coaches. In Sleeper, ice is a "no problem' as that is one amenity that has not been cut.
Posts: 9975 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page