RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » RRNET running slow.

Author Topic: RRNET running slow.
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like our friends over there at http://www.railroad.net don't know how to archive their posts; connection timeout error messages have been quite prevalent lately. Whenever you don't get the error messages, it takes about two minutes to load a page (even with high-speed connection).

We did try to tell them that UBB was the way to go, but they insisted on a "ground-up" custom approach that is, unfortuntately, ASP-based. Ah well, what's the old saying, you can't put an old head on young shoulders, or was it vice-versa...?

Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CG96
Member # 1408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CG96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to read that I'm not the only one having difficulties in reading the RRnet site. For some time I thought that perhaps it was my ISP or some other equipment snafu that was the source of the difficulties. Now I read that it is something else. I enjoy reading that website as much as I enjoy reading this one. Whatever the problem is, I hope they get it corrected, as it is becoming quite annoying. Especially after they wrote on thier home page that the time-out issues were dealt with. It really is annoying
Posts: 506 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got the following error message:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open database requested in login 'railroadnet'. Login fails.

/default.asp, line 5

ASP strikes again. Cleopatra knew what she was doing...

Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efin98
Member # 1943

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for efin98     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im glad the webmaster of this site knows how to run the site. The guys on RR.net really need to do something about the site or else they will drive away even the most hard-core users. Im glad this Amtrak forum isnt going in the same way that the other forum is(more of a political venting/air carrier hate site). and thanks to the posters on this site for keeping the discussions interesting.
Posts: 55 | From: Chelsea, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with you. This site is a very interesting one simply because we get all types of ideas, suggestions, thoughts and comments. I believe this is a well rounded site with many good people on it.

Keep up the good work I say.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page