RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » International » Earthquakes

Author Topic: Earthquakes
DNatureofDTrain
Member # 432

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DNatureofDTrain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am always interested in hearing about railroading over seas, in Mexico and Canada. From being the US.

Last I heard there were a bunch of earthquakes over there. Anyone have anything they can post, about how the lines were affected if so?

What I mean.. is how the clean up projects in these areas are going...

Or anything other international... I am looking forward to reading the posts. .

------------------
"You ain't gonna win unless you put up a good fight so don't give up hope any day or night." - John Henry.

Posts: 11 | From: Janesville area, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure where you are writing to. Southern Cal had a recent quake near Big Bear Lake but it was not that close to the rail operations. Did not hear of any damage to rail lines.
Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anupam
Member # 531

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anupam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
earthquake that occured on 26jan2001 in india along with massive destruction took toll of railway infrastructure on large scale at least 100 station and large mileage of track was damaged.
the earthquake has forced indian railway to go for earthquake proof railway structure in sesmically active part of india

Posts: 2 | From: surat,gujarat,,india | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anupam
Member # 531

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for anupam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
earthquake that occured on 26jan2001 in india along with massive destruction took toll of railway infrastructure on large scale at least 100 station and large mileage of track was damaged.
the earthquake has forced indian railway to go for earthquake proof railway structure in sesmically active part of india

Posts: 2 | From: surat,gujarat,,india | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenneth Munn
Member # 912

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenneth Munn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anupam:
earthquake that occured on 26jan2001 --

I am interested in how they would do this?

Posts: 3 | From: Paisley, Scotland | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page