RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Tenesee Pass

Author Topic: Tenesee Pass
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone out there know what is up with the old Tenesee Pass line of the D&RGW? I was out in the Arkansas River canyon the other day and I saw a strange piece of equipment about halfway between Canyon City and Salida. It was a train of about seven flat cars with a track mounted along the entire outfit for a large track hoe to move up and down on. The track hoe arm had an electromagnet-industrial sized-fixed to the end and was being used to pick up scrap metal along the right of way. Does this indicate that UP is getting ready to open this line back up?
Any info appreciated,
Scott

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slimjim375
Member # 199

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for slimjim375   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Jhat was the Herzog (SP) equipment doing cleanup on the old ROW. They were in the area for about a month. The UP even ran some trains on the line to collect the junk.

------------------
Jim Harrawood
Utah Rails

Posts: 21 | From: Draper, UT | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jim,
Thanks for the feedback. If you hear anything else about the division would you give me a shout.
Thanks,
Scott
millcstl@rmi.net

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some cleanup trains on this line are discussed in the December 2000 issue of Flimsies West>check it out
Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page