RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Circus Train

Author Topic: Circus Train
dragondawg
Member # 29

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for dragondawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to do some surfing on the net to see if I can find this out, but does anyone know what the radio frequency is for the Blue Unit of the Barnum and Bailey Circus Train? Its starting its 2001 run in January and heading up the east coast of Florida from Miami to Jax. Going to do a little train chasing and video taping, but would be nice to have the frequency. Any help?

JB

Posts: 30 | From: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My "California Region Railfan Timetable 11"
from Altamont Press lists the frequency
as 151.625 MHZ.
This would be from handheld radios during the Loading or Unloading of the Circus Train.
You would need to be within about 1 mile or so of the Circus Train loading location in order to hear these handheld radios.

When the Circus Train out and running on the railroad the train uses the same RR dispatch frequency as any other trains on that Subdivbision. You can also find these frequencies using the appropriate Altamont Press Timetable for your region in the west.

Information on purchasing Railfan Timetables from Altamont Press can be found at this URL:
http://altamontpress.com/catalog/timetables.html

At the present time, ALtamont Press only publishes timetables for the Western half of the USA. I imagine Altamont Press will eventually cover the entire USA but we are not to that point yet with the growth of Altamont Press.

If you are not in the west then I would recommend joining a railfan group at http://www.egroups.com and asking if anyone knows the frequency for your section of railroad.

I hope this info helps you!

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page