RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Anouther convert onboard

Author Topic: Anouther convert onboard
KD4JSL
Member # 377

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KD4JSL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy All..

I had no idea this site exisited untill yesterday, and I was glad to find an alternative to "that other place"....

Glad to be on board!

------------------
E. M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Posts: 1 | From: Salvisa Ky 40372 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ddavies
Member # 356

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for ddavies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here

Dave Davies
Fairfax, VA

Posts: 1 | From: Fairfax, VA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lensman
Member # 396

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for lensman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too. Nice place.
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 399

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I just got here from from you know where. It looks just as good as you know where as well, just different.

I can already see some of the names from T.O. as well.

Cheers,

Matt
Sydney
Australia

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gtirr
Member # 364

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for gtirr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard!!!!
I just "Converted" myself.
It sure is nice to see old friends.
With all the people leaving the "Other" site, it will be interesting to see what happens. Not too many people are going to want to pay to view nothing.
gtirr

Posts: 5 | From: South Bend,IN | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emorygrove
Member # 403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for emorygrove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What TO needed ERN for is beyond me. I would have been willing to pay to maintain the discussion board. I don't think we needed all the bells and whistles nor did we need ERN's news and "features". The posts themselves were all the news and features we needed.
Posts: 15 | From: Baltimore, MD USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railcat
Member # 393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What irked me was the deletions; I felt as if there was a home room mother - which i don't need. After one takes time to contribute or reply, it is irritating, in the least, to have such effort arbitrarily deleted. Sure, there are occasions when discourse (or lack of it) gets out of hand, however i am of the persuasion that one can easily navigate themself right out of there and the limits to such control of content should be very broad. Also, many have made the point that the content of TO is what users contribute. Who in their right mind would wish to pay for what their efforts give form?
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
holiwoow
Member # 366

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for holiwoow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will try to post here again. Have not figured this site out yet. But it looks good.

Holiwood
NS B-line Mp68

Posts: 1 | From: woodstock,Va,USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rails
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im also from to!! (rails1)
Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page