RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » 215 lead by a primer -9

Author Topic: 215 lead by a primer -9
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Intermodal train 215 was spotted cresting "Erlanger Hill" south of Cincinnati today led by NS #9544 in primer. Time was around 1pm.

If you can't catch it, photos have already been posted to my site.

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Throttle_JCKY
Member # 354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle_JCKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't catch wind of that one fast enough, Glad you caught that one.
Heck after awhile, the primer and black start to get "NORMAL".!

Posts: 62 | From: HC, IN, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I lied. I spotted it around 11am. I was out with my son all afternoon and was unable to post it earlier to help anyone south of my locale. Sorry...

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lensman
Member # 396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lensman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
9544 led 215 south out of Atlanta. Before getting out of town, the second unit (8894) failed. Loud knocking in the prime mover. Chief DS told train to shut down unit and continue with only 9544... Less than a mile from the yard...

Never mind, nobody's in any hurry for that stuff.

Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page