RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Amtrak; what is CSD?

Author Topic: Amtrak; what is CSD?
Henney
Member # 52

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Henney   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a loyal scanner listener in the Washington, D.C. area.

I often hear Amtrak personnel refer to 160.65 as the "C S D" channel. Any idea what that stands for?

Also, I'd like to find a comprehensive list of the Amtrak station codes (WAS=Washington, etc.). Any suggestions?

Posts: 1 | From: Takoma Park, Maryland, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragondawg
Member # 29

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragondawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a good one..Have never heard of "csd". I'll have to keep my ears open.

On the station codes question, I think Amtrak has one on there web site. Have you tried there?

jb

quote:
Originally posted by Henney:

I often hear Amtrak personnel refer to 160.65 as the "C S D" channel. Any idea what that stands for?

Also, I'd like to find a comprehensive list of the Amtrak station codes (WAS=Washington, etc.). Any suggestions?

Posts: 30 | From: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shivam
Member # 2

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for shivam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi !

Please visit to the following URL where you will get all the 3 code stations list :
http://www.trainweb.com/amtrak/stations.html

Regads.
shivam
Trains on web? TrainWeb.com !

quote:
Originally posted by Henney:

Posts: 7 | From: Fullerton,CA,USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mike
Member # 11

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember this exact question being asked last month on the previous Railforum board.
I remember it because I posted a reply to where the 3-letter city codes Amtrak uses could be obtained ( besides the one here at Trainweb, they can be found by clicking on "Arrival Status" on the Amtrak home page).
I didn't know what CSD stood for. As I recall though, someone else posted a reply to the same thread regarding CSD. I forget now what the "C" stands for, but I think he said that the "S" stands for "station", and the "D" stands for "dispatch" or "dispatcher".

Posts: 4 | From: monroe,nc | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page