RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Suggested Lecturers/Speakers

Author Topic: Suggested Lecturers/Speakers
Sarah
Member # 417

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I work for The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. We have an exhibit on Trains, and plan to renovate it as part of our current capital campaign.

I am working on organizing an adult lecture series for next year, and would like to invite a lecturer to come and speak about a trains/railroad related topic to coincide with for the opening of the refurbished exhibit.

I figured this might be a good place to come for suggestions! Please recommend anyone who you think would be interesting - especially if you have a reason to think they might be interested in lecturing. We are particularly interested in innovators/authors. Someone who could address the history and the science behind the field.

Thank you for all suggestions!

Sarah

[This message has been edited by Sarah (edited 01-12-2001).]

Posts: 2 | From: Philadelphia, PA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sarah: I would like to suggest, Kevin P. Keefe, Associate Publisher of, TRAINS, magazine. Mr. Keefe has been in this field, most of his life. Not only is he the Associate Publisher, he and his staff, have produced many fine videos, on train operations and history, through out the entire world! I'm not sure of the, "caliber", speaker you are looking for, but Mr. Keefe would certaintly, thrill you! You can e-mail him at: www.trainsmag.com Best wishes, for a great presentation. Richard Schivley
Posts: 144 | From: Yanceyville,NC. USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page