RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Web cam in Lyons, NY.

Author Topic: Web cam in Lyons, NY.
Robert Muckey
Member # 63

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Muckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe someone should put a web cam in to veiw Lyons, NY way-yard.
Theres lots of freight, and passinger action and maybe more if a Amtrak stationgets built.
We got FLRW action there and many foreing locos. on the line.
Should be greatg ifsomeone does puta web cam there. Robert Muckey

Posts: 18 | From: Lyons, New York USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragondawg
Member # 29

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragondawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert,

I take it by your comments that you live in Wayne County. I grew up there and will be visiting in just a few weeks. Are there some decent train watching spots in that area?

Posts: 30 | From: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert Muckey
Member # 63

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert Muckey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragondawg:
Robert,

I take it by your comments that you live in Wayne County. I grew up there and will be visiting in just a few weeks. Are there some decent train watching spots in that area?

Hi dragondawg;
Yes there are desent stops for train watching and here are some of them.
In Palmyra the Maple Ave Crossing is good, has and high speed track to track cross over and the signels are placed right so u can see if trains are approchng the spot. Lyons is prime becauseof the way-yard in it. Savannah is good also because it also has a track to track cross over and a passing siding. All of these spots are good watching spots and have plenty of photo oppertunities in them.
Hope this helps and maybe see you at Lyons. Robert Muckey

------------------
Robert Muckey

Posts: 18 | From: Lyons, New York USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page