RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Railfans and/or Modellers?

Author Topic: Railfans and/or Modellers?
Alan
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Alan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just wondering what propotion of the members here are Railfans, or Modellers, or both?

------------------
Alan

The perfect combination - BNSF and N Scale!

ac-models
The N Scale Andersley Western Railroad

Posts: 32 | From: Spalding, Lincs. England | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therailnut
Member # 171

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for therailnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually right now I am a Railfan but soon I plan on getting a model railroad started. I am planning on a layout of the BNSF in the Illinois Division.

------------------
keep on railroadin'

Posts: 24 | From: Galesburg ,IL | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Alan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, what scale are you planning to model in?

------------------
Alan

ac-models

Posts: 32 | From: Spalding, Lincs. England | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therailnut
Member # 171

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for therailnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I plan on modeling in HO. I am planning a Galesburg to Chicago main line using the former BN line.

------------------
keep on railroadin'

Posts: 24 | From: Galesburg ,IL | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SD7
Member # 157

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for SD7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am both a Railfan and Modeler. I find it is a great combo for me. I model the SP and Santa Fe before all of the mergers. That way, I can keep out of all of the merger re-paints. I am in HO and only have locos, and I am thinking of joining a club. I hope I can have time for it, but I have to run my stuff somehow! -SD7
Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slimjim375
Member # 199

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for slimjim375   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Alan,

Don't I know you from somewhere else ? I am both a railfan and modeler, Sn3.

------------------
Jim Harrawood
Utah Rails

Posts: 21 | From: Draper, UT | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alan
Member # 151

Rate Member
Hi Jim We get around

------------------
Alan

ac-models

jameskrapf
Member # 201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jameskrapf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alan:
I was just wondering what propotion of the members here are Railfans, or Modellers, or both?

Hi;

I think of myself as both railfan and model railroader. I think in order to be a good model railroader you must have a good understanding of the real thing, the railfan.
Jim (thetrainman00@aol.com)

Posts: 9 | From: Burkesville,Ky,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therailnut
Member # 171

Rate Member
I think I know alan and slim from some place else also. The only thing is I am under a different name like (Jack).
Alan
Member # 151

Rate Member
Yeah, I keep my name wherever I go. I do not have enough imagination to think up others, I guess

------------------
Alan

ac-models

Joe Pasteris
Member # 4

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Joe Pasteris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always been fascinated by trains since I was a kid. Of course I grew up along the CNW main in Illinois which is now UP. Used to model, but not anymore. I have always appreciate the effort of those who like to model. No matter what, I will be always a railfan. Would like to see the railnut BN project.
Posts: 24 | From: DeKalb, IL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therailnut
Member # 171

Rate Member
Sorry Joe right now it is in the planning stages. One of these days I will get started on it. I have already the main details down. It is going to be Modern Era. I am going to have the main line from Galesburg to Chicago on the former BN side. I am still researching the area though for details. As far as size and starting to build it it is on hold. Right now I am buying rolling stock and locomotives for the layout for right now. I don't have the room in the small apartment I got now.

------------------
keep on railroadin'

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page