RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Did Union Pacific buy Southern Pacific?

Author Topic: Did Union Pacific buy Southern Pacific?
DrunkEngineer
Member # 245

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for DrunkEngineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Rail Roads that go threw Oakland CA used to have SP Trains, Last time i was there i saw SP and UP locomotives togather! Most of the Train were UP! Did UP buy SP out of something? Just wondering.
Posts: 56 | From: Sonoma CA USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robert F
Member # 141

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert F     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, in 1996.

------------------
Robert F.
KG6EAQ
SkyWarn: LAC-423

Posts: 8 | From: Chatsworth, CA USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrunkEngineer
Member # 245

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for DrunkEngineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darn that Sucks, I Liked the SP paint job but i guess i wont see that anymore.
Posts: 56 | From: Sonoma CA USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are still some SP units in scarlet & gray roaming the system, including some with "Rio Grande-style" speed lettering. It takes a while to get the units repainted.
Some recent repaints were even done in SP colors but this is probably only temporary.

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
qwoot
Member # 261

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for qwoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget all of the leasers that bought SP locos, there are plenty of those(at least in my area), mainly SD45-T2's.
Posts: 2 | From: Tullahoma, TN | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therailnut
Member # 171

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for therailnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When UP bought the SP. They became the largest crappiest railroad in the world. Because someone in the front office thought it was a wise manuver to kick SP employee's out. If you were listening to the news anywhere. You can't miss the incompetence that UP showed when they integrated SP. Does the state Texas ring a bell. How about a vritual standstill in Texas. To make thing more comforting about the UP. There shipping problems went from never to about 3 months to ship on the UP. I think their new slogan is WE WILL DELIVER WHEN WE GET A CHANCE. oh well enough UP bashing. go to go.

------------------
keep on railroadin'

Posts: 24 | From: Galesburg ,IL | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrunkEngineer
Member # 245

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for DrunkEngineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BNSF Is my new favourt!!!
therailnut
Member # 171

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for therailnut     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BNSF is mine to since I only have them running though my back yard and there is a major yard in my town. It is Galesburg,IL.
But if it is trains no matter what road it still all good.

------------------
keep on railroadin'

Posts: 24 | From: Galesburg ,IL | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrunkEngineer
Member # 245

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for DrunkEngineer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha your back yard, Can you post any pictures of it?? Also Dont let your *** or Cat go sleep on the rails, j/k. Thats cool how its in your back yard, Dont have to leave the house to watch the Frighters.

[This message has been edited by DrunkEngineer (edited 11-30-2000).]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page