RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » N&W bicentennial hopper

Author Topic: N&W bicentennial hopper
kawala
Member # 276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kawala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone out there help me?

I'm doing research on the N&W 1776 H12 hopper car painted in a stars and stripes paint scheme. The photo that I am referencing can be found on page 69 of The Norfolk & Western Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment.

Does anyone know if the stars and stripes paint scheme appears "flipped" on the other side, i.e. no matter whether you look at the left or right outside wall of the car, the blue section would appear on your left hand side? Or does the paint scheme on one side mirror the other side, i.e. on one side the blue would appear on your left and on the other side the blue would appear on your right.

Please let me know if anyone has this info, or perhaps even a photo of both sides of the car.

Thanks.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Kawala,
I only saw the hopper you mentioned once, and I can't remember where, but I almost sure the flag was painded on both sides just like you would look at it flying. Stars on the right(hoppers left side) and, on the left(hoppers right side). However you might check with the N&W historical society, www.nwhs.org, just in case my memory has failed. (That's what my wife says whenever we need somthing for the house but I'd rather spend $ on the RR."Don't you REMEMBER, YOU SAID we could get it."
Good Luck,
Scott

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page