RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Santa Fe Equipment

Author Topic: Santa Fe Equipment
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok,
Those of you who know me, know that my main thing is early Colorado steam . But, since my 4-year-old decided that the new layout would be N scale, and since I had some SF equipment from an old layout, I thought I would modernize a bit . Problem is, I don't know squat about the SF, what motive power they used or rolling stock, color schemes etc. from the 1940's to 1960 . The only one I know is the Warbonnet, but who doesn't ?? Any help would be great!! Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLP161615
Member # 95

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for DLP161615     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a guy named Bob Miller on the Atlas forum (atlasrr.com) who is a major SF buff. He has helped me in the past.
Posts: 9 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
SEE,, if you had stayed with a REAL Colorado RR you wouldn't be having these problems. Run up to Depot trains in GJ he's got a good asortment of books on SF transition period equipment.
Remember the Rio Grande!
Scott

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys, I'll check into these sources. And Scott...ever try to tell a 4-year-old NO ?? Besides, I am planning on running some Rio Grande junk too !! I am still holding out hope that I will awake on Christmas to the sounds of a new on30 C&S chugging around the tree...but those hopes are fading!! Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page