RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » New to Modelrailroading

Author Topic: New to Modelrailroading
Dwyane
Member # 301

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dwyane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I have been interested in model railroading for most of my life, but never had the room or the time. Now I have the time and a 10'x11' room for a layout.

I have been reading and purchasing books over the years and am ready to start designing my first N scale layout.

My question is this. As an AutoCAD Designer does anyone know of track symbols/blocks for AutoCAD that I can do layout design with.

I can develop my own but I like to skip this if I can.

Thanks To All

Dwyane

Posts: 1 | From: Fairview, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dwyane,
First, welcome to the forum and cheers to finally being able to get into the hobby!! Check with your local hobby shop. I know there is a CAD program made by 3rd Planit that is specifically for model railroad design. You can also get ahold of them online at: http://www.TrackPlanning.com
or e-mail them at:
3Pl@TrackPlanning.com
hope this helps!! Good luck and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

[This message has been edited by jcater (edited 12-19-2000).]

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dwayne,
Welcome from another corner! The program that John reccomended is really a good one. It will be simple for you to operate wwith your Cad design exzzperience. Never be shy about question on this forum, sombody out here will have an answer--just be careful following the advice(specialy from me and John!!!)
Keep us posted on your progress.
Scott
Remember the Rio Grande!!

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page