RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Adobe Structures??

Author Topic: Adobe Structures??
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm miles away from building structures , but always looking ahead ! Any suggestions on building N scale adobe structures like those seen in New Mexico?? I have considered making molds for hydrocal, covering shaped foam with hydrocal, and painting carved foam and covering with real dirt. Any other suggestions would be great! Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John: Would you be interested in, scratch built buildings, as well as, kits-you can put together or are there other options, I haven't mentioned? Let me know, I have several ideas, however, I'll wait to hear back from you, first. ......Richard
Posts: 144 | From: Yanceyville,NC. USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John,
Happy new year! Stick with the hydrocal castings for your adobe. It's really pretty easy to do, but do a drawing layout of your bilding first, decide what windows and doors are going and wether your scratch building them or using comercial ones then build those and use them as the templates to mold the casings around.
Good luck,
Scott
p.s. These structures will also qualify for your MMR if you ever get involved with it.

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page