RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Plastic Models

Author Topic: Plastic Models
RB Sawyer
Member # 371

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for RB Sawyer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to fing out if there are plastic,
glue together, model trains. I would like to just display three dimentional trains, but can't afford to spend alot of money for something I just want to look at. I have some nice HO and O27 steam locos, but don't want them sitting out. Does any one know if they exist. There are model cars, trucks, ships, and planes. Are there non-functional
train models.

Posts: 1 | From: Warren, Ohio USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Sir, You are in luck! You can purchase many, brand name manufacturers, "dummy", versions, of diesel locomotives! Some of the brand names are: Bachmann, Athearn, Mantua, just to mention a few! I am afraid, you will only be able to find these, "dummies", in diesel-ONLY. I don't know of any, in the "steam", version. Go to your local hobby shop, which handles model railroad, gear, and tell them what you are looking for. There are catalogs, everywhere, by all manufacturers, available. Ask about a, "Walthers Catalog", it covers just about everything, related to ALL, manufacturers and pictures of their products. Remember, you can order, dummies, in just about, any road name you choose. Good luck, hunting. .....Richard
Posts: 144 | From: Yanceyville,NC. USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several steam engine models, in various scales available from model makers like Revell . Ask at your favorite hobby shop, I am sure that they have a current list. Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page