RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Structures

Author Topic: Structures
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This note is in response to drunkengineers query. Structures and scenery are one of the things that can really make our trains look great, but you don't have to spend a fortune on them. With a few inexpensive plastic kits and a few 6v lights and some imagination and paint and time you can have some really immpressive buildings that will be very authentic. Don't be afraid to "kit bash" several structures to fit your particular RR. I suggest investing in a Walthers catalog www.walthers.com. It has the greater percent of available buildings out there by a zillion different manufactures. And you can browse through it "shopping".
Take some pictures of what you would like to have and then compare to what's available.
Save all your kit scraps and construction "failures". You never know when they will come in handy! Especially all those extra parts. Last night I used some windows from a kit I built probably ten years ago to add to a DPM kit. Have fun!
Scott

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page