RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » How about this present!!!

Author Topic: How about this present!!!
Booly15
Member # 415

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Booly15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just turned 40, my wife says, tell you what, take the entire basement, we can all work on the railroad together. (Kids are into it) So start planning that monster pike. Now that is a present!
Posts: 5 | From: Long Island NY USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!! Have your wife talk to my wife and drop a hint or two ...Congrats on the new layout space, and on getting the wife to help out, should be fun !! Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Booly!!!! Sounds like you have got a real, "sweetheart", there. My wife looks at my layout, which takes up most of my, 24'x22' office space, at my bodyshop business, and mind you, it's not even in the house......she comes out to the shop to, "see what I'm doing, now", watches the trains for a couple of minutes and exclaims: " I DON'T GET IT, ALL THEY DO IS GO ROUND AND ROUND????" I'm thinking: "It's time to go back to the house now, honey!" Enjoy model railroading all you want boys, at least we're at home where the women can find us and not out, "runnin' 'round"!!!! Richard
Posts: 144 | From: Yanceyville,NC. USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 399

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're a lucky railfan, my partners is understanding and tolerant but would be unlikey to give over so much room for trains. Having said that I do have a spare bedroom (with the bed removed) as my train room. I have two live steam engines in the back shed and a PV in storage.

Matt

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 399

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for matt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I forgot to mention in the above post that my girlfriends have to fit in with trains, if they can't handle they know what to do....it's the trains that stay.

Matt

Posts: 4 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page