RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » HO Bachmann Bicentennial Engine

Author Topic: HO Bachmann Bicentennial Engine
Doug Hudgel
Member # 443

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Hudgel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was there a complete bicentennial train or just the engine? If so what cars completed the train. Anybody know?

------------------
Doug Hudgel

Posts: 1 | From: Anniston, Al. U.S. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug there was a complete set, I remember a box car and a caboose, but it seems like there a few others as well. Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike C
Member # 35

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mike C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one still in the box ! Its an N&W loco and cabose with a few boxcars. It has been run once, but other than that its in mint condition, What do you think its worth? ....Mike
Posts: 97 | From: Columbus Ohio USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMH
Member # 331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in the mid 70's there were a slew (slough?) of Bicentenials. From the "Freedom" train to most railroads apinting a few of the locos and rolling stock. Micro-Scale used to have the decals for all of them, and the individual photo books will show the units. Research is the only way, unless you find some of the photographers who sell individual photos. Actually, getting a photo is the best way to justify almost any model.

It depends on if you want to model one , or just buy one. I do not know from your question which railroad or even type of loco you were referring to. I know of three "official" Freedom train locos. A Reading 4-8-4, the old SP Daylight and I believe a UP Challenger.

Non-steam were from almost every railroad exisiting in 1976.

Posts: 62 | From: Carmel, Indiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing a big Burlington Geep and matching caboose in 76. It ran passed the place I grew up, and I am certain it was still in the 76 scheme by the early 80s. I agree with JMH, if you know what the rr. is you are looking for, find photos to help you model the train. Good luck and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page