RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Finally Bought DCC>>>

Author Topic: Finally Bought DCC>>>
-=Jeff=-
Member # 285

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -=Jeff=-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I did it this past weekend.

I was at a Train show near my house on Sunday and bought the Digitrax Empire Builder II for $256. I am in the midst of wiring now. I will let you all know how I like it when it is up and running

---------
Jeff
for the latest pictures visit
Train Pictures

[This message has been edited by -=Jeff=- (edited 01-18-2001).]

Posts: 23 | From: IL, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff
All I can say is DROOL, SLOBBER, Sigh...I can't wait to get ahold of a system now . I was doing some figuring, at 20 bucks every pay check, by the end of summer I can get the system I want (baring unforseen disasters of course!). Good luck with the system and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMH
Member # 331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am impressed with the scope of your project. A few questions. Did you use a software package to design the layout, or did you just draw it out? Are you doing this on your own, or are you working with a group? Lastly, why the Motorola Loco? Do you work for them?

Keep us posted on your progress.

Posts: 62 | From: Carmel, Indiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-=Jeff=-
Member # 285

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for -=Jeff=-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JMH:
I am impressed with the scope of your project. A few questions. Did you use a software package to design the layout, or did you just draw it out? Are you doing this on your own, or are you working with a group? Lastly, why the Motorola Loco? Do you work for them?

Keep us posted on your progress.

JMH,

I started to used 3DPlanit Demo.. then just decided to dig out my old Template and design it on my own.. It is just drawn out of my own ideas.

The Layout is on my own in the basemant of my house. I don't think the layout is big enough, but my wife does not agree with that.. LOL

As for the Motorola train.. Yes I work for them.. it is an Athearn Set. The reason the pictures are there is for some of my co-workers to see as well. I really have not decided on a particular road to model. I am thinking either Milwaukee or C&NW.. I will probably go with Milwaukee.. since I have some SOO LINE Locos as well

Posts: 23 | From: IL, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meant to say great photos too ! The train stuff is cool, but tell me about that Camero!! I used to drive a 67 rag top 327 RS. Best car I ever had...oh yeah this is a railroad site, sorry . You and I are at about the same stage in development. Things are looking good, keep up the great work, and by the way, can I have my bottle of Elmers back now ? Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMH
Member # 331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, You work for Mot. I myself am in the Wireless industry, and have a friend who works in the New Jersey operation, on the new 3G and Wide band stuff. He built a completely movable, as in modular, HO layout. It was phenominal! A three level helix operation and desiged to make the most use of all of the cornerstone industries he could get. His electrical and mechanical design was terrific, and yes, he used a DCC system, although I do not recall which. When he moved from California to New Jersey, he assembled his buddies and they unbolted it and it rolled through the door ways. Now that is the way to go! He planned for the move before he constructed the layout. I am trying to do the same. Which location are you in? If it is the Wireless side, then you could be in Chicago area, New Jersey, or with the rest of my friends in San Deigo.

Let me know. Keep up the great work.

Posts: 62 | From: Carmel, Indiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-=Jeff=-
Member # 285

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for -=Jeff=-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JMH,

Yep I am in Chicago. I used to work in the Libertyville facility where we designed cell phones. I now work in Arlington Heights working on the base station side now

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page