RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » photography`

Author Topic: photography`
virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photographing model trains

any hints and tips? I tried some but doesnt look really good....

HELP?!

------------------
RR:
K, C, & Bird Butt Railroad - SP, NS, and ROCK admirer. Its a coal mining region of a place far far away, that shares with SP, NS, and some CSX..
Also some Custom RARE Bird RR sd40-2's coming!
Era:

Time stands still round these parts, and we have everything from Steam, to Diesels of today.

Posts: 32 | From: sydney aussie | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not much of a photographer, but have found that it doesn't matter how fancy the camera is if you don't have the correct light nothing works! Try to get as much natural light as you can and then choose your shots based on how the light falls. I was lucky with the CSW as it was in a room with lots of windows and natural light. Good luck and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
Colorado and Southwestern, the Top of the Rockies!
http://jstrainstation.homestead.com

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NVTiny
Member # 45

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for NVTiny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
V-Bird:
Try placing the camera low to track, and keep it level. Also the best light is on overcast or cloudy day, no deep, dark shadows. Wet the areas down with a sprinkler just before taking shots. wet scenery brings out the color in rocks and wood buildings..
Remove anything in back ground that may distract from photo... My blue wheelbarrow seems to sneak in many of my photos..

Have fun!!

------------------
NVTiny
Desert Springs & Rattler Gap Railroad
http://www.trainweb.org/dsrg/dsrg.htm

Posts: 23 | From: Silver Springs, NV. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don
Member # 103

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 3/95 issue of Mainline Modeler had an article on using flash for MR photos.
Don

Posts: 4 | From: Clarence Ctr. NY USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page