RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Lifelike 36" wheel sets and NWSL motors

Author Topic: Lifelike 36" wheel sets and NWSL motors
Throttle_JCKY
Member # 354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle_JCKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I went to the local hobby shop, while there I bought a few covered hoppers, then while looking I saw the LL 36" wheel sets.
Have any of you tried their wheel sets.?
I put them in and they run nice.

Hear is a question to Athearn owners of C44-9W's. What motor do I need to get (NWSL) to fit the Athearn C44-9W's? I have a sizable fleet, with more on the way, and they make to much noise. Anyone know what size shaft and all that other stuff?

Thanks
Throttle Jockey

Posts: 62 | From: HC, IN, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't answer the question about remotoring your Dash 9s, but the lifelike wheelsets work great and are pretty economical.

Most of my rolling stock is equipped with them (the eventual goal is to equip all of them).

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don
Member # 103

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The narrowest flat can motor that Sagami made was 18mm & that is just a bit too wide for scale width hood units. They would fit if you carefully sanded & filed material from inside the hood. I've done a few. Allentown Loco works has a 16mm wide motor that should fit w/o problems but some other sources were'nt keen on these motors. Never having used any, I can't venture a personal opinion. The larger Sagami's had a 2.4mm shaft or for practical purposes,3/32". Smaller 1's had a 2mm shaft (.078"). You might try writing to Kenwood Hobbies, 303 S. 8th St., Darby Pa. 19023 (610 532 2253). He was at a train show I attended last spring & had quite a selection of can motors in all sizes & the prices seemed fair.
Don

Posts: 4 | From: Clarence Ctr. NY USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page