RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Looking for a junk Y6b Rivarossi for parts......

Author Topic: Looking for a junk Y6b Rivarossi for parts......
EM-1
Member # 472

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EM-1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys--Would anyone happen to have any junk parts from a Rivarossi(AHM Y6b
2-8-8-2. I'm in need of parts for one thats not in real bad of shape. Its out of the 1970's, and it runs but the front set of drivers turn to an extent but not like the rear set. I need a inner drive gear box. Finding one is the problem. I'd concider buying a junk locomotive for parts if any are around, and anyone willing to sell. E-mail me with anything concerning this. Keep on Railroading guys ~John.

Posts: 5 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania U.S.A | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike C
Member # 35

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mike C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen the new Rivrossi Y6b? It has smaller flanges and a bit more detail. I had one of the old ones a few years ago but burnt out the motor, they tend to be the week link in these locos. The newer ones have a much better motor and pull more. Personally I would just get the new model, but the old one has sentimental value? An evan better model would be the Lifelike Y3. It pulls very well and is very well detailed. Both cost about the same with the Lifelike being a bit more expensive....Mike
Posts: 97 | From: Columbus Ohio USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EM-1
Member # 472

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EM-1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike,
Thanks a million. Yes the old one has alot od sentimental value. It was given to me from my grandfather a few years ago and he passed away like 4 months latter. Do you still have the old Y6b? I'd be interested in buying it for parts. All I need is the gear transfer boxes to make it run, but a few minor details as well from being around and used it lost a few other things that I wouldn't mind replacing. If you have the old one and would concider selling it, I would be greatfull. Please e-mail me if you still have and want to part with it. My e-mail address is yellowstone10@hotmail.com Thanks and Best Regards -John.

Posts: 5 | From: Meyersdale, Pennsylvania U.S.A | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike C
Member # 35

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mike C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I traded it in a couple years ago on one of the new ones. Then traded the new one in on a Lifelike Y3. Have you tried putting a wanted add in Model Railroader or Railroad Model Craftsman?....Mike
Posts: 97 | From: Columbus Ohio USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EM-1
Member # 472

Rate Member
Mike,
No I haven't that could be hectic in those depending where the reply comes from (what country) and or it could have numberous possibilities that would make me have a decission i'll try my luck here first. Then if all else fails I'll put an add in Model Railroader or Model Railroad Craftsman. But anyway thanks. I really appreciate the concern and your time... -John.

JMH
Member # 331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You might try some of the other web sites, like http://clubs.yahoo.com/

Have you tried posting a classified on the for sale or wanted section in this web site?

You can also try ebay for some people selling collections. They are not always expensive, and sometimes theyare just a collection of odds and ends.

Posts: 62 | From: Carmel, Indiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EM-1
Member # 472

Rate Member
JMH,
I've been looking through ebay and I haven't had any lucks yet in their. I haven't put any adds in yahoo as of yet though, but it sure does sound like an idea. Thanks -John

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page