RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Kaisner engines

Author Topic: Kaisner engines
ConnieSue
Member # 1071

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for ConnieSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone out there tell me anything about "Kaisner" engines. Really not so much about the engines themselves, but the company? Was it owned by someone named Kaisner? When was it in business, etc...... It was my maiden name, and I've run across references to it, just a few times, and can't figure out where to find more inf. Thanks for any help.
Posts: 2 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thirdrail
Member # 1031

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for thirdrail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in the railroad business 40 years and a model railroader for 50 years and the only thing that comes even close to "Kaisner" was a manufacturer of extruded aluminum passenger cars in HO scale called "Kasiner" (not Kaisner). The line was purchased by OK Engines, a maker of model airplane engines. The cars are infrequently produced thsse days.
Posts: 23 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieSue
Member # 1071

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieSue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, thirdrail, maybe the few times I've seen it mentioned was always mis-spelled,. I appreciate the time you've taken to let me know that. (I was wrong on the engine part, I guess. It's been awhile since I'd seen mention of it) Thanks again.
Posts: 2 | From: Illinois | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page