RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Bachmann Steam

Author Topic: Bachmann Steam
buttface
Member # 1057

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for buttface     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 4-8-4 J Class N&W from Bachmann. And I'll tell you it was the biggest waist of money I ever made. It'll only pull 2 cars. Are all Bachmann steam engines like this or just mine.
Posts: 10 | From: South River | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brakie
Member # 1131

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brakie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope,all bachmann has the same problem.Their PRR K4 is the same.This engine won't even pull the cars they made for it.And these cars are light!I don't know about their shay.I here it is the best bachmann ever made!
Posts: 15 | From: bucyrus ohio usa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn
Member # 533

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a Bachmann 3-truck shay, and a doodlebug. They are both Spectrums. They run really great, much to my delightful surprise. Other than those 2 I don't really want any Bachman, Spectrum or otherwise. Sorry you got stuck, but we learned the same way, a little trial and a whole lot of error.

Lynn

Posts: 24 | From: whitehouse, tx USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christopher.d
Member # 1139

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for christopher.d     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon guys

I run aquite a few spectrum locos, both steam and deisel, and have had no problems. In fact I have been impressed with the improvement from the bachmann of old to their spectrum range.

Chris
Australia

Posts: 4 | From: melbourne Australia | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page