RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Some scenery on the new Badger Creek

Author Topic: Some scenery on the new Badger Creek
shamus
Member # 657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I would post a couple of pics showing what I have been upto in the last couple of weeks. Scenery started, but still far from finished.

Shamus

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have a very nice looking railroad. You have put a lot of detail into the scenery. The trees look nice. I have a few questions:

What scale is this?

Do you have a map of your railroad available to look at?

How did you make the water? The water in your lower picture in particular looks nice. I am building a swamp on my railroad and still have not decided how I should make the water.

By the way, thank you for your reply on my questions about diamonds.

Dean

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale)
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scottsdale
Member # 1354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scottsdale     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top notch detail. I am truely envyous. I now have something to aspire to.

I only need the real estate, as my basement is just not big enough for that kind of layout (with water and all).

How do you make those trees?

Sam

Posts: 4 | From: Scottsdale, AZ USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamus
Member # 657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Konstantin:
You have a very nice looking railroad. You have put a lot of detail into the scenery. The trees look nice. I have a few questions:

What scale is this?

Do you have a map of your railroad available to look at?

How did you make the water? The water in your lower picture in particular looks nice. I am building a swamp on my railroad and still have not decided how I should make the water.

By the way, thank you for your reply on my questions about diamonds.

Dean

-----------------------------------------
Hi Dean,
The scale is H0, and here is the trackplan for you to look at.The water is made by using High gloss Yacht varnish, around five coats when finished. In the two photo's, only one coat has been applied.
Cheers

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like you have a nice railroad. The water really looks good.

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale)
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shamus
Member # 657

Rate Member
Hi Sam,
If you want to make some trees like those in the photo, my website has the info on building them.
Meanwhile, here's a further photo of the loco shed and service area.

shamus
Member # 657

Rate Member
Sawmill log pond now nearly finished.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page