RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » SUPERLINERS

Author Topic: SUPERLINERS
RICK777200
Member # 1525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RICK777200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I buy Phase 4 superliner cars for HO scale?
Posts: 45 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walthers and Con Cor make Amtrak Superliners. My preference are the Walthers cars, because of more detailing and a closer match to the paint used on the real cars, but either one works.
You can find them in most hobby stores, and at the companies' websites. You can also find them in Model Railroader magazine. (They will probably be more expensive from the websites).

Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Walsh
Member # 677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Walsh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
test
Posts: 213 | From: Grand Rapids Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Walsh
Member # 677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Walsh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If HO, some of the Walther cars require 24" radius curves
Posts: 213 | From: Grand Rapids Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.O.Pectate
Member # 1604

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for K.O.Pectate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go with the Walthers. You won't go wrong.
Posts: 7 | From: Southern Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RICK777200
Member # 1525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RICK777200     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do the walthers cars have interiors?
Posts: 45 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Walsh
Member # 677

Rate Member
My walthers experience only is with the Budd cars,$24.00 discount from trainworld and they come with interiors. They recommend 24" radius but I run my on 22" by changing over to the KD #26, extra long shank.
This budd cars have an optional lighting kit available discounted to$8.00
I also added sitting passengers in the car.The roof snaps off to install lights/people.

Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Walthers Superliners(and Con-Cor HO) do not have interiors. I really wish Walthers would develop one. But if you really want interiors, use IHC's interiors as a start. I did a whole Santa Fe El Capitan (Hi-Level) train set using IHC. I only made interiors for the upper level, which can also be done for Superliners. For the diner I combined two interiors so there would be full upper level seating. For the coaches I used the heavywieght coach interior,as there are more seats to model a full upper level. I also did an interior for the lounge,(using the dome interior) but Train Station Products has yet to release the Hi-Level lounge. The El Capitan didn't have sleepers so I didn't make a sleeper interior. But for Superliner sleepers I would suggest starting out with the 10-6 interior and modify it. The same goes for a Superliner Transition, but you may need two 10-6 interiors as the transitions are all standard rooms(no deluxe rooms).
Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S.T. Binninger
Member # 1652

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for S.T. Binninger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've also seen amtrak superliners in N scale
brass at Allied Model Trains in L.A.
(Quite pricey, though!)

Posts: 5 | From: Santa Rosa,CA USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have 2 Althern P-42's, 11 Walthers Superliners, a Walthers MHC and a Walthers baggage car.

I had (key word) 2 Con-Cor superliners. I took them back and got the Walthers. In my eyes, there is a world of difference between Walthers and Con-Cor.

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Walsh
Member # 677

Rate Member
Just received the Walthers June sales flyer
listing some of the superliners phase lV, coach, diner, coach/baggage, sleeper for $22.00
That's a four buck discount off each car.

Also offering slumbercoach for $27.00, plus EMD-F40PH, phase lll for $45.00 www.walthers.com or 1-800-487-2467. If calling have them refer to their flyer, page 3 for diesel and page 10 for pass. cars.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page