RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Railroad Tycoon II

Author Topic: Railroad Tycoon II
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, OK, My kids got me this computer game last Christmas called Railroad Tycoon II. I've managed untill recently to avoid it but I tried playing it a couple of times and now the bloody thing has me frustrated---can't seem to beat it. Anyone know if there is a web site out there that gives hints as to how to beat the silly thing---other than a .44 slug in my Micron screen?
Any help apreciated!
Scott

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Scott,
I am sure there is a site that can help, but I couldn't find it either!! My kids rented the thing for me and just sat and laughed as I lost game after game !! I guess I am not video game minded enough! The nice thing is I can laugh right back when they try to operate two or more trains at once on the CSW !! Happy Modeling and good luck in the video dept.
John

------------------
Colorado and Southwestern, the Top of the Rockies!
http://jstrainstation.homestead.com

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ajy6b
Member # 77

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for ajy6b   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got this game for Fathers Day. I played it a couple of times and failed too. But that is ok, I can install a decoder and take apart and put back together an HO loco better than they can :-)

------------------
AJ Y6b N&W and Conrail Fan
http://communities.msn.com/TheGRRModelRR (my page)

http://www.nvrra.org (my club's page)

Posts: 30 | From: Eastern Mass, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragondawg
Member # 29

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for dragondawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,
I just went to the address line of my web browser, typed railroad tycoon II, and found myself looking at dozens of web sites featuring tips, hints, patches, new maps etc..more than I can list here..Just do the same thing...you should have no problem

Posts: 30 | From: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NVTiny
Member # 45

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for NVTiny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is RR Tycoon II that much harder then the first version ?? I used to beat it all the time. Guess I need to buy the II version..

------------------
NVTiny
Desert Springs & Rattler Gap Railroad
http://www.trainweb.org/dsrg/dsrg.htm

Posts: 23 | From: Silver Springs, NV. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scott whitfield
Member # 56

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for scott whitfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,
I was going to ask for this for my birthday, but if I can't win well...!!!
Should I invest my birthday $$ in a caboose for the cabooseless Sachse Central and Purple Mountain RR?
By the way... the purple mountain will be come a reality. We got purple quartz from Arkansas last week.

------------------

Posts: 28 | From: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scott whitfield
Member # 56

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for scott whitfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Scott,
Got the RR Tycoon II for my birthday Tues. Haven't learned how to play yet, it much less win! I'' keep working on it and get back to you.
Scott Whitfield
SC&PM RR

------------------

Posts: 28 | From: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scott whitfield
Member # 56

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for scott whitfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scott,
I got the RR Tycoon II for my birthday last week. I think I mentioned before. I found the sandbox mode to be great for just learning your way around. Time & money pressures are disabled. So all you do is build and add trains. Since I am so new to it I will use the sandbox mode until I get bored and then attempt the game challenge.

Scott Whitfield
Sachse Central & Purple Mountain RR

jameskrapf
Member # 201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jameskrapf   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by millcstl:
So, OK, My kids got me this computer game last Christmas called Railroad Tycoon II. I've managed untill recently to avoid it but I tried playing it a couple of times and now the bloody thing has me frustrated---can't seem to beat it. Anyone know if there is a web site out there that gives hints as to how to beat the silly thing---other than a .44 slug in my Micron screen?
Any help apreciated!
Scott

Scott
I too have this game and have the same problem, I just can't beat it and I can't find a site for it. The game is fun but I would like to win just once, so if anyone has a site please let me know about it.
Jim (thetrainman00@aol.com)

Posts: 9 | From: Burkesville,Ky,USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page