RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » What's the spookiest, SCARIEST, grimmest-looking railroad you could possibly model?

Author Topic: What's the spookiest, SCARIEST, grimmest-looking railroad you could possibly model?
westpoint64
Member # 2022

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for westpoint64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a spare locomotive and I want to give it a mean, fearsome look...I'm looking for a prototype that just looked awful from the get-go, really spooky, fearsome and unpleasant. Any ideas, everybody?
Thanks,
Bud

Posts: 10 | From: Leesburg,GA,USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about the good, ol' B&K ???

That's the Baghdad & Kandahar, of course...

Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foamer13
Member # 2024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for foamer13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never seen anyone model the WWII German railroads hauling Holocaust victims into the extermination camps! Now that is seriously scary!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Westpoint64...
Go to my thread you have visited and have left a comment. I have posted a suggestion, there, for you.
...Richard

Posts: 144 | From: Yanceyville,NC. USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Westpoint64...
That Dude, "Foamer13", sounds scary, himself! (NO Offense, Foamer) Maybe an image of a "foaming at the mouth" figure as a logo for a railroad entity? And what's
the number 13, bring to mind, bad luck???(Maybe it's time for me to get to bed?) Good night.
...Richard

[This message has been edited by richarddschivley (edited 10-24-2002).]

[This message has been edited by richarddschivley (edited 10-29-2002).]

Posts: 144 | From: Yanceyville,NC. USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
westpoint64
Member # 2022

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for westpoint64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A figure for a corporate railway symbol, huh? Hmm...never thought of THAT..Maybe there could be a "Friday Railway" and have the locomotive number be 13 and have a goalie mask on the front? Nah, that's too obviously humorous, wouldn't work...
Actually, since I've posted all this I went back and looked around and found some pretty grim-looking prototypes (Penn Central engines that only had the PC herald and no lettering...PRR engines that only had the herald but no lettering...solid-black Georgia Railroad F7's and FP7s...all those looked pretty grim...and the cool thing about the Georgia's equipment was that it very-quickly degenerated from "grim" to "grime"...the Georgia Railroad and it's sister railroads Atlanta and West Point and Western Railway of Alabama were NOTORIOUS for having dirty-beyond-belief locomotives. What makes a grim paint scheme even grimmer is poor maintenance...and what's funny was that the Georgia wasn't near-bankrupt, they actually made money, it's just that they didn't want to be bothered even attempting to have a cheery corporate image! hahahahaha

Posts: 10 | From: Leesburg,GA,USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plstktnkr2
Member # 86

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for plstktnkr2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe the ozzy express,black spooky looking bad graffiti dual penatrating ditch lights, bat motif on the cab hmmm
creeps me right out

Posts: 9 | From: sharpsburg,md,usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foamer13
Member # 2024

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for foamer13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard: Some train crews call railfans "foamers"
because they "foam at the mouth" whenever they see a train. I'm guilty as charged and was born on Friday the 13th.

Foamer 13

But don't you think it's odd that nobody's modeled the Nazi trains? Or have they?

------------------

Posts: 37 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richarddschivley
Member # 274

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for richarddschivley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yo, Foamer 13...
Thanks, for the explanation!
I, kind of, picked up on that "foamer" thing, reading other posts at different forum groups. I, too, really like to go out and watch trains, but, I usually take along my digital camera and camcorder. Then I can come back home, load the pics into the computer and view and make my own slideshows and wallpapers.
I hope you will continue to visit us here at, TRAIN WEB!!!
...Richard

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page