RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » designing layout: having no fun

Author Topic: designing layout: having no fun
plstktnkr2
Member # 86

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for plstktnkr2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am trying to design a layout to fit in a 26x24 room to do cajon pass and wish to devide layout into scenes ,and duplicating real places with the help of usgs terrain maps this is my first big project and I'm in over my head (design-wise)does anybody have suggestions,track plans? scale is ho(or does anyone want to trade n scale for HO?)

------------------
Daylights, Gone but not forgotton

Posts: 9 | From: sharpsburg,md,usa | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The annual Model Railroad Planning 1999 has two Cajon Pass articles in it. They are in N scale however but they can be used as a startging point for Ideas. There was also a Cajon Pass Story in the September Issiue of Model Railroader I beleave. I should note that I am a Semi-Professional Layout Designer. (I do it as a side job while I attend college.) I would be willing to take on your layout design, but I would need to be thouroghly briefed on the area your modeling as I live in Wyoming and being in College does not give me much time to go check out the area first hand. I would also need a very thougough description. (Drawing would be best) of your layout area. If you are interested in my offer email me at mrljames@hrp.every1.net
Posts: 315 | From: Lander,WY USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page