RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » power supply

Author Topic: power supply
soccer
Member # 2197

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for soccer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for advice and suggestions as to the best power ( transformer) supply for a 4 trailn layout . I have seen old Lionel transformers for sale but I do not necessarily need a "collector" item. I don't want to pay the premium on that so I am just looking for something current and reliable without having to go to the credit union to finance it. LOL

------------------
Mike

Posts: 15 | From: erie,PA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cthetrains
Member # 2148

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cthetrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, what scale trains?, Second, which 'bells and whistles' do you want?

------------------
Cory (o:}=

Posts: 140 | From: Kirksville, Mo | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Freight Train
Member # 2252

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Freight Train   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Soccer,
First off, is this for Lionel or some other scale? Are you looking for a pack (packs) that operate trains on AC or DC? Are you running two rail or three rail? MRC make good power packs (transformers) that will work down to Z scale all the way up to G scale. There are dual power packs that will operate two independent trains at the same time. Though these packs are usually designed to operate N and HO scales it maybe possible to use these as long as the trains your operating are working on DC. They did make a pack for 027 scale which may work for Lionel 0 scale. And as CTheTrains mentioned, what bells and whistles are you looking for? Momentum? Braking? Autopulse for slow train speed control? Some other features? Best thing to do is either search the web or hit your local train store and have a helpful sales person show you all thats available in the options your looking for. Plus you can find really good deals on packs over at E-Bay. It might be a cost cut alternative than paying full price for a new one.
Freight Train

[This message has been edited by Freight Train (edited 01-26-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Freight Train (edited 01-26-2003).]

Posts: 4 | From: Anthem, Arizona | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page