RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » ANYONE IN TO N-SCALE?

Author Topic: ANYONE IN TO N-SCALE?
ROBBIE
Member # 243

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for ROBBIE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I just got in here to check this bb out or should I say RR BB out! I started modeling N-SCALE in 1990 do to the size space in my apartment. I us to model HO, I never modeled real towns or places. I made my own place & used my hobby skills [CB RADIO/COMPUTER] along with my layouts. As I added more I made more. I now have a village that goes through a tunnel [entertainment stand] that thanks to some person who gave me A LOT of free track & cars + switches & buildings. I now have a freight yard that is 6 tracks wide! I just got a COMMAND 2000 DCC & it works great with the standerd engines! I work part time & since I was a wee kid I had 0 friends so I would operate my layouts (HO up to N-SCALE = NOW) as a REAL VILLAGE! I would operate my CB RADIO to talk & answer myself [me talking to the village & the village people talking back] & now I find out that there are R/R clubs that do the same thing, BUT with real people & radios. I can only do this myself. But I have fun! I use my TRAIN ENGINEER program + thanks to some one on a R/R E-MAIL list I know have 2 spread sheets one is for passenger/freight cars & the other is for engines. I am hoping to find a place someday to move were there are other RAILROAD MODELER'S out there who along with me can set up a big site with radios & just enjoy life. See life for me in society is not good. I was boarn with an unknown handicap & I have problems with people as in not knowing when some one is using me for my money then they are gone! I hope you all understand & allow me to stay for a while. I am looking for some RAIL ROAD SITES that are mainly N-SCALE.

Thanks I just got a sign on my screen saying that it will disconnect so I got to be getting off so to go to sleep.

HAPPY RAILROADING

##########################################

------------------
Keep them on track :-)

Posts: 8 | From: SILVER SPRING, MD USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEy Rob...
welcome...

yea few here into N scale... Myself, JC is just starting a new layout..
His son picked the scale... That boy will go a long way!

Hang around ask anything you like...
may not get the answer you want, but you can try!

------------------
RR:
K, C, & Bird Butt Railroad - SP, NS, and ROCK admirer. Its a coal mining region of a place far far away, that shares with SP, NS, and some CSX..
Also some Custom RARE Bird RR sd40-2's coming!
Era:

Time stands still round these parts, and we have everything from Steam, to Diesels of today.

Posts: 32 | From: sydney aussie | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ROBBIE
Member # 243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROBBIE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by virtual-bird:
HEy Rob...
welcome...

yea few here into N scale... Myself, JC is just starting a new layout..
His son picked the scale... That boy will go a long way!

Hang around ask anything you like...
may not get the answer you want, but you can try!

Sounds like me!

------------------

Posts: 8 | From: SILVER SPRING, MD USA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Virtual Bird is right...a few N-scalers here!! I too modeled in HO until recently, but have since started a new N-gauge layout, based on one I built years ago. Lets have some fun and interesting N discussions!! Welcome and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ROBBIE
Member # 243

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for ROBBIE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jcater:
Virtual Bird is right...a few N-scalers here!! I too modeled in HO until recently, but have since started a new N-gauge layout, based on one I built years ago. Lets have some fun and interesting N discussions!! Welcome and Happy Modeling!!
John

YES! I was in to HO for some years then the space in my apartment shrunk :-( so I got rid of the HO (still have my GG1 on my entertainent stand) & I used that space for a BIGGER N-SCALE :-) LAYOUT! I call it "BOB'S VILLAGE" & my E-MAIL is BOBS_VILLAGE@JUNO.COM! I even use my CB RADIO & COMPUTER for it. I use my CB RADIO to talk to the people in the village (answer myself too) & I made 2 spread sheets for my stuff, 1 for engines & for passenger/freight cars. I even have a place on my windows called "BOB'S VILLAGE" whitch after I click on it, it brings up a program some what like these web pages except it links to other programs on my computer. I am someday [please pray for me] to move hopefully to a better apartment building next to a Church, I hope to find other N-SCALE's (I was thinking of going back to HO but with N-SCALE I can put more track & engines + passenger / freight cars on the tracks) in this new building. It will be a job taking my set up down from this apartment & moving it to the new apartment building. I am hoping that this whole move will let me move some things in a little @ a time as in sleeping here were I am now @ night, then letting my family move stuff in during the day. Then when I move in then some things will already be moved it. When I moved in here I had to start from scrach. This will be my 2nd apartment building I will live in on my own. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM TRAINS RUNNING AGAIN!!!

------------------

Alan
Member # 151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Alan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rob! I am heavily into N scale Heck, I even make a living from it

My layout is coming along slowly, as time permits. I hope to get the last of the switch machines wired ready for some good running during the winter.

------------------
Alan

The perfect combination - BNSF and N Scale!

ac-models
The N Scale Andersley Western Railroad

Posts: 32 | From: Spalding, Lincs. England | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ROBBIE
Member # 243

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for ROBBIE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I WILL CHECK IT OUT, & THANKS!

------------------

jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,
You sound like me!! I had a great HO layout (you can still see it at http//www.jstrainstation.homestead.com)until I bought a home and had to move it. The layout survived the move really well, but once it was in the new house I realized that it was just too darned big and bulky. So out it went (to a good cause, I gave it to a kid who now is really into the hobby), and started the new N-scale SFSW. Hope to have a web site for it in about a year . Good luck and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ROBBIE
Member # 243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ROBBIE   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jcater:
Rob,
You sound like me!! I had a great HO layout (you can still see it at http//www.jstrainstation.homestead.com)until I bought a home and had to move it. The layout survived the move really well, but once it was in the new house I realized that it was just too darned big and bulky. So out it went (to a good cause, I gave it to a kid who now is really into the hobby), and started the new N-scale SFSW. Hope to have a web site for it in about a year . Good luck and Happy Modeling!!
John

Thanks, I do not have a web site do to how I oprate my layout & besides my dad who does not live with me says do to my type of handicap making a web page is hard for me to do. I mean dad looks @ all my pages & I do put too much in my web pages.

HAPPY THANKS GIVING TO ALL!

------------------

jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have a great holiday also Rob...and Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------

Roger Nilson
Member # 277

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Roger Nilson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, I'm into N scale too. I model Canadian Pacific and just got my first layout operating. I busy trying to find prototype info and running down to local yards with my camera. this is a blast I should've stuck with it as a kid.
Have any of you guys used those micro trains coupler upgrades? By the way Alan nice site dude!

Posts: 1 | From: Calgary,Alberta.Canada | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page