RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » HELP !(with Athearn Parts)

Author Topic: HELP !(with Athearn Parts)
Stefan
Member # 262

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,I need URGENT help with some Athearn parts wich I can't get in Germany. I bought some used items, but some of them lost their "Coupler Covers"(#90602). To order these parts from my local dealer would take "mounth" ,(he said!). If someone could help me to find these parts faster, please post me (need 10pcs.). Thanks, Stefan
Posts: 5 | From: Haan/Germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike C
Member # 35

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not switch to Kadee coupelers. They come with the coupeler and a box to mount them in. All you do is trim the existing coupeler box and mount the new one. HTH....mike
Posts: 97 | From: Columbus Ohio USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefan
Member # 262

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mike,I will install Kadee's but you always need the org. Athearn lid (say's the K'd instruction) for my Pa's,Pb's and some Hw. Passenger cars.I know the boxes you think, but I don't know how to fix them on the trucks (I don't want to cut the wrong thing away !). Stefan

[This message has been edited by Stefan (edited 11-22-2000).]

Posts: 5 | From: Haan/Germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scott whitfield
Member # 56

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for scott whitfield   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stefan,
Are the Athearn couplers affixed to the truck or the bottom of the piece of equipment? Many times with the Kadees' you can attach the coupler to the bottom of the car and cut away the part of the truck that supports the Athearn coupler. The only problem you may have with this is when you are working with a piece of rolling stock that has such a large swing around curves it is necessary to use a coupler mounting attached to the truck. In that case I don't have a real good answer for you. Maybe someone else does. Once you start using Kadee you won't want anything else.
Scott Whitfield
Sachse Central & Purple Mountain RR

Posts: 28 | From: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stefan
Member # 262

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Stefan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Scott, I just fixed all my vehicles with Kadee's (with help from millcstl , thanks again, Scott!). Installing new couplers on american trains is more difficult than on european trains. We have mostly the NEM-slot system in Europe. Only a snap and the coupler is fixed!.
Stefan

Mike C
Member # 35

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Stefan, is the NEM system the same one that Rivrossi uses? If it is then Kadee also makes a coupler that fits this. Well at least the locomotives anyway, i'm not sure about their cars, but you might want to check....Mike
Posts: 97 | From: Columbus Ohio USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page