RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Christmas Tree Train??

Author Topic: Christmas Tree Train??
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone out there run a train around the Christmas tree?? Here it is the only time that the G-guage stuff gets out of the box , because the rest of the year is spent working on the layout . I wanted to use HO this year, since it is no longer in service, but my 4-year-old had a fit "the big guys go around the tree daddy!!" Oh well, outta the mouths of babes !! Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millcstl
Member # 60

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for millcstl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I'm probably one of few model RRers' that does not have a Christmas tree Train!!!
But boy, do I want one of those Gn30 trains they have come out with! I think it would be so cool --- strictly for the kids of course(yeah right). Unfortunatly the old budgatary resrictions, blah, blah, blah. I can't even afford one of the new Bachman Spectrum Mallets I want-no, NEED so badly, and that's REALLY IMPORTANT. (No dear, we don't really need all that food this month--have you seen whats following BEHIND you?)Of course now you and everyone else on the internet is sworn to testify that I NEVER really made this last statement!!!!!!!!!
Remember the Rio Grande!
Scott

Posts: 127 | From: Gunnison, CO, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel your pain!! The G guage stuff comes from the days when I was single, footloose and fancy free!! Yeah the On30 stuff would be great!! Oh yeah...your secret is safe with me!! Happy Modeling!!
John

------------------
The Santa Fe and Southwestern, Chief of the Southwest!

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NVTiny
Member # 45

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for NVTiny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my Xmas tree out side on the edge of the Railroad. which now has 500 feet of main line. http://www.trainweb.org/dsrg/0244.jpg

------------------
NVTiny
Desert Springs & Rattler Gap Railroad
<A Href="http://www.trainweb.org/dsrg/dsrg.htm">

Posts: 23 | From: Silver Springs, NV. USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page