RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Model Railroading » Kit-bashing and Scratchbuilding » Building Craftsman Structure Kits...a New DVD

Author Topic: Building Craftsman Structure Kits...a New DVD
Scott Mason
Member # 4126

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scott Mason     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi folks, I am pleased to announce that I have just wrapped up production on a DVD entitled "Building Craftsman Structure Kits". If you've never built a craftsman structure kit, and always wanted to, but never knew where to start, or if you've build many, then this DVD is for you. This DVD (also available on VHS) is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes long, and covers all the essentials needed to build a craftsman structure kit. I actually build South River Modelworks Whitney & Bent Furniture Co. on the DVD. While the DVD focuses on this structure, the techniques demonstrated can be used for any craftsman structure kit. The topics discussed include: Craftsman Kit Overview, Tools, Adhesives, Paints, Preparing Castings, Working with Wood Walls, Painting and Weathering Wood Walls, Windows, Attaching Wood Walls, Painting and Weathering Masonary Walls, Signs, Attaching Masonary Walls, Tarpaper Roofing, Shingles, Corrugated Roofing, Detail Castings. The DVD also includes some never before seen footage of Dick Elwell's Hoosac Valley Lines, and many of the craftsman structure kits I have built for that model railroad. The DVD has been professionally photographed, edited and produced by incredibly talented cameraman from a Boston news station. We have been working on this project since April, and are very pleased with the finished product. There are techniques in this DVD that will appeal to all levels of modeler.

To order this DVD, send $29.95 plus $3.00 US shipping or $6.00 International shipping to:

Scott Mason
9 Lee Street
Franklin, MA 02038

Or you can log onto my E-Bay store and purchase the DVD through PayPal. The link is:

http://stores.ebay.com/Model-Railroads-by-Scott-Mason

Thanks,

Scott

Posts: 5 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page