RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » Please Joe (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Please Joe
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been "trying to think it over" regarding why Joe waited so long to abdicate?

There have been many a report that his cognitive skills were deteriorating even when he was Obama's VP and definitely during the "Trump interregnum" as a private citizen.

To campaign during '20, he "lucked out" as all he needed to do was to make scripted addresses from a TV studio in his home. This resulted in his "razor thin victory", which will be disputed by some "forever".

He sold himself as a one term "bring us together" President. On that objective, he failed miserably. So far as his legislative "achievements", help those financially hurt by COVID?, sure; that's what a government is for. Infrastructure? well too many politicians swept that under the rug for too long. After all, where's the "photo-op" with a repaired stretch of highway?

Now to the Inflation Reduction Act. What that had to do with its title escapes me. It was really just a "grab bag" for Bernie, Liz, AOC, and The Squad to have what they wanted in return for their '20 and '24 support.

But Joe should have recognized that he "didn't have it" for a full-fledged "can't hide in my studio" campaign against, Donald, Nikki, Ron, or Swami, and should have withdrawn about when this topic was originated.

Finally, I must wonder how many of "the Democrat Bench" just might be rooting for Trump. After all, Kamala never really had standing with them as she flitted from "Backbench Senator" to unsuccessful Presidential Candidate to "stageprop VP". For if Kamala wins, '28 by custom will be held open to her, so the likes of Amy, AOC, Gavin, Gretchen, Kathy, JB, and Josh, will all have to wait for '32. Several of them could well have "aged out" by then.

Just some "Homestretch thoughts" of mine.

Posts: 10761 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page