RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Open Discussion » Up in the Air

Author Topic: Up in the Air
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's certainly descriptive of Biden's continuing candidacy, but it's also the title of a 2009 film featuring star Democratic donor George Clooney.

It seems like our hero is trying to reprise his role as a traveling corporate hatchet man fingering individuals deemed no longer useful to the company for firing. Personally, I liked the Anna Kendrick characteer in the movie better - sharp, upwardly mobile, future-oriented woman. Looks like a Joe/Kamala duel in the offing.

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1552 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gilbert B Norman
Member # 1541

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gilbert B Norman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to clarify, actress Anna Kendrick played character Natalie Keener in the movie "Up In The Air". In that movie, character Ryan Bingham, played by George Clooney, was Natalie's boss, for whom he developed a high degree of respect (never laid a hand on her, BTW). Actress Vara Farminga, played Alex Goran, a character with whom Ryan had his "flings on the road", but whom he embarrassingly found out was."M2K".

I can draw analogies to Joe's present dilemma in his campaign. I can also draw analogies to "Julius Caesar", and I'll bet those more familiar with Shakespeare than am I, can find many others.

Here is the George Clooney op-ed appearing in The Times which I believe is Mike's catalyst for this topic.

Posts: 10686 | From: Clarendon Hills, IL USA (BNSF Chicago Sub MP 18.71) | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page