RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » mexicans

Author Topic: mexicans
Frode Mo
Member # 1279

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Frode Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello! does anyone know the places where the mexicans fieldworkers meet. as I heard do they jump on the train when they have get from one place to the other. does anybody know which reagions i n the west are the most important ones?
Posts: 1 | From: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The word "Mexican" is a proper name of a nationality. It is spelled with a capital "M".

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale)
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ira Slotkin
Member # 81

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ira Slotkin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Konstantin. I was a bit too startled to have the presence of mind your response evidences.

I am curious, Frode Mo, what a German journalist like yourself, would do with the information? We may collectively be able to address what you actually want to know about, or direct you to some resources which can. Your intent is not clear... But if you are looking for info on migrant farmworkers try typing "Cesar Chavez", or even "migrant farmerworker" into your search engine. I know those will bring up some links and resources.

Posts: 300 | From: Denver, CO USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drillbit
Member # 1554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for drillbit   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Frodo: I would say that the majority of migrant field workers board trains for there destanion in Yuma Area. From all the reasearch ive done the yuma yards are a hot plact to catch north bounders. if the migrants did not enter the usa the american farmer would be ruiened ant the price of food stuff would be outragious
Posts: 2 | From: wheatridge,Colorado. usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jess
Member # 1581

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Frode Mo:
hello! does anyone know the places where the mexicans fieldworkers meet. as I heard do they jump on the train when they have get from one place to the other. does anybody know which reagions i n the west are the most important ones?

The migrant 'Mexican' workers are usually the ones that are the central american Mexican indians (NOT THAT I WISH TO GENERALISE) and are, more often not, illegal immigrants and tend to be exploited.
They come from the mountains, etc...

Posts: 5 | From: So. Cal. | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page