RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » Looking for a train.

Author Topic: Looking for a train.
w2lm
Member # 1659

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for w2lm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen in I believe a recent picture at L.A. station of a single deck aluminum sided liner with vista domed car with rounded end lounge car at end of train. The whole train looks like an old-fashion stream-liner of the 50's and 60's. Have not seen anything like it in Omaha in decades. Thought they were extinct. Would anyone know this train? Would like to take a ride. Bill.
Posts: 2 | From: omaha, Nebraska, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
slimjim375
Member # 199

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for slimjim375   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What you probably saw was the American Orient Express or AOE as it normally called.

------------------
Jim Harrawood
Utah Rails

Posts: 21 | From: Draper, UT | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could also have been the California Zepher car that I think can be chartered but I have no idea of who owns or opperates it. You can see this car and a few others when you travel on the Pacific Surfliner. After Fullerton( going south) and I can't remember if it's after or before Anaheim, but near Orange you'll see the cars parked on a siding by an industrial building.
Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
w2lm
Member # 1659

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for w2lm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. You say the car is a charter.That is too bad. I don't have the money to charter a car like that. I thought that since you all out on the west coast have all kinds of excursion trains this vista-dome lounge car would belong to one of those.
Posts: 2 | From: omaha, Nebraska, USA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page